Friday 23 December 2011

Dear Everyone | Christmas Wishes

Is it just me, or have the holidays come upon us awfully quickly this year?

I suppose I must just be getting old, because I hear time does that, the more used to it you get. To keep you on your toes, you know?

But no matter how old I am, I love Christmas. I grant you that I may very well seem the type to humbug all over this, the season of giving, and receiving, and wonderful one-off television specials - I'm holding out for the Top Gear team's misadventures in India myself - but appearances can of course be deceiving. And me? I'm all about deceiving. :)

Anyway, from today on, things will - as you'd expect - be a little slower-going here on The Speculative Scotsman than is usual. I'll write a few reviews over the break, I don't doubt, and I'm certainly hoping to get a huge amount of reading done, but in my experience, time is always on the short side around the new year period, so I wouldn't expect a huge amount of anything other than tofurkey talk on Twitter.

Somewhat to my surprise, I gather I'm also going on holiday in early January - to spend a week in bonnie Bratislava - but your regularly scheduled programming should resume on the 16th of the first month of 2012, and it's hardly going to be a wasteland hereabouts between now and then, I pinky swears it!

In fact, I have a certain something I've been working on for altogether too long already; a certain somewhat surprising something that might be the perfect thing to entertain you all in my absence. No spoilers... except to say: Skyrim.

But we'll talk again before then. For the very moment, it's tofurkey time!

It only remains for me to say, to all the publishers and the publicists, and to all the bloggers and authors and the editors who helped me make The Speculative Scotsman what it was in 2011 - and what it will be again in 2012, but better, all things being equal - thank you! From the bottom of my heart, I really do appreciate your efforts.

Most of all, though, to each and every one of you folks - yes, you folks - merry early Christmas!

And a hippity hoppety happy New Year to all of you, and all of yours too. :)

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holidays, both before and after the new year! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marduk/An0mand3r Rak326 December 2011 at 04:43

    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year Niall. Thanks for a great blog in 2011 and hopefully again in 2012 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wake in an agony of resurrection, gasping after a record-shattering bout of sleep apnea spanning one hundred forty days. You can feel your blood, syrupy with dobutamine and leuenkephalin, forcing its way through arteries shriveled by months on standby. The body inflates in painful increments: blood vessels dilate; flesh peels apart from flesh; ribs crack in your ears with sudden unaccustomed flexion. Your joints have seized up through disuse. You're a stick-man, frozen in some perverse rigor vitae. Flights to Kilimanjaro
    Cheap Flights to Kilimanjaro
    Cheap Air Tickets to Kilimanjaro

    ReplyDelete